Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dinners!

I am behind on posting dinners. So here are the ones from the last few nights so that you can oooh and ahhh over them... (ok, maybe not so much, but maybe it'll spark some thought!)

Wednesday night dinner was simple, but filling...

1/2 head of cabbage chopped up
1/4 lb of bulk ground sausage browned
5 small/medium carrots chopped up
1 medium onion
dash olive oil
2 tbsp butter
salt
lemon pepper
1 can chicken broth

put everything in a pan with a lid and slip it into a 350 F degree oven until the cabbage and carrots are tender. Serve with a nice homemade bread. yumm! Hubby ate seconds, and would have had thirds if there had been enough. I still have enough cabbage that I think I'll do this again today. But I don't have any carrots left so I'll heat canned carrots on the side and then just put some of those in it once it's done cooking.


Then Dinner last night was baked pasta.

1 lb of ground beef, browned
3/4 lb of whole wheat rotini, cooked and drained
1 regular can of spaghetti sauce
2 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
2 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 lb cheese, grated

cook the pasta, and brown the hamburger, combine everything except the cheese in a pan. I tossed 1 handful of the cheese INTO the pasta mix, just to distribute the cheese throughout. Pour all of this into a baking pan. For me, it fit into a 9" square cake pan. Top with remaining cheese, and then bake until the cheese starts to brown on the top.

Again, serve with a nice homemade bread and some garlic butter.

TADA! Dinners!

No comments: