Monday, October 5, 2009

Lunch Adventure

Do you know what it's like to look at your pantry and not want any of it? I do. lol. So I thought I would get a bit adventurous and see what I could come up with.

Last year before moving I had dehydrated a lot of hamburger. I took cheap hamburger, and rolled it into small meatballs. I then boiled the meatballs until cooked through. Once the boiling was done, I spread them in the dehydrator and let 'er rip! Once dry I packaged them up and put them in our food stocks.

Well. Yesterday I decided to see what I could make with them. Tossed a few handfuls of them in a pan of water and boiled them to rehydrate. in another pan I cooked up some refried beans, then I shreaded some cheese, and fried some tortillas. Add some sour cream and the last of our salsa. Once the meatballs were thoroughly rehydrated, I put them in a pie tin and using a sturdy spoon I smooshed them so they resembled browned hamburger again. I seasoned it up with some salt and some bbq seasoning.

It was AWESOME. hubby liked it, I liked it, and it was sooo easy to do. Now that I know without a doubt that they work so well, and so easily, I'll pick up 5 or 10 lbs of hamburger our next payday and dehydrate some more. This was the last pint can I had of them (I had used some for soup, before and as dog treats), so it's time to refresh the stocks.

No comments: