Monday, October 19, 2009

Way so busy...

Can't hardly turn around without something else looking at me and pleading to get done!

Since my last post, I have gotten some more hamburger dehydrated and 20 pounds of sugar, several jars of beans, potato flakes, milk powder, and dehydrated egs also all put into food storage.

I made three flower hair barrettes and have them posted up on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7709732) and a prototype wreath done and up on my wall.

There are over 30 washclothes crochet, that I still am in the middle of photographing to also put up on Etsy, and some headcoverings. I don't have a mannequin to take the pictures of the headcoverings on, so I may just have to keep one of each after putting it on for pictures. Maybe I can get someone to model for me in exchange for her choice of headcovering? I have received several compliments on them already, especially since I have worn them when I go to town. :D

Window quilts are in the planning for the two bedrooms we don't really use. I want to put up window quilts in there, and small milkhouse style heaters or radiant heaters just to keep the rooms above freezing. The pipes in this house run through the ceiling and the LAST thing I want them doing is freezing this winter when the -20 below (and colder) weather hits. But I also don't want to spend the heating oil, at $2.70 a gallon, to heat these rooms either. Probably still cheaper than the electric, I don't know. I haven't done the math yet. But I know that I don't have an infinite amount of heating oil, so If I can save that and then just put a few pennies into the electric heaters I will do that.

AND I have a lot of mending piling up on me. Grrr.. Been spending far too much on the computer lately with very little to show for it. Actually, financially, nothing to show for it, since nothing has sold yet. ROFL.

Oh well, that's life as it goes on. :D

I have a few recipes to share with you, so I'll post those over the next few days.

TA!

No comments: