Monday, December 8, 2008

The Man Speaks!

Good morning world, its time for the man's side of life for a bit. Just call me the Geek hubby, or as I have come to think of myself, The Mad Mountain Geek.

Adjusting to life here in the (sort of ) wilderness has been a challenge for me to say the least. If anyone could be called an Internet addict, it's me. The withdrawal has been rough but discovered I can survive with out the constant flow of information the net provided, as long as I can still get a fix every now and then.

My big thing is podcasts, for any one not aware of podcasts check out http://www.podcastpickle.com/ and http://www.mevio.com/. Podcasts are just mp3 audio files that you can download or listen to on-line. Most folk who have Ipods listen to the shows on the Ipod, thus the name "Podcast" I get audio drama, history programs, science programs and a whole lot more. These podcast have been my main form of entertainment here in the wilds.

Now about our new home; Small and cramped is a bit of an understatement, but I spent many a year in the navy and our little house is the Ritz compared to what I lived with on ships. I can live with small, sure it's a challenge and a bit of a hassle sometimes but, this house and land are MINE. I can put up with a lot just to be able to keep saying that. My Land...it sounds so sweet.

We got our first snowfall this morning, well let's call it a snow dusting. I am still waiting for the real snow that all my new friends say should be coming. The cold is always around but it's true that a dry cold does not feel as bad as the wet cold we had at our old place. The little snow we got was light and flaky, nothing like the heavy wet snows I have gotten use to.

OK, so this was my first blog entry. Not much, to it but it's a start. Stay tuned for more ramblings and stories from a geek exiled to the middle of nowhere.

The Mad Mountain Geek of Treehaven



--


"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. "
"Specialization is for insects."

Robert A. Heinlen

No comments: