Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Backhome Cavepainting

Today was a so-so day. We were expecting hubby's disability check, but it didn't come, so that was a bit of a downer. But, on the way back from the post office we got a gift so that made it better.

I waved at a gentleman who was mending fences, and of course, since he was mending fence he didn't see me. Just beyond him I saw two tan figures running. From the distance we were at I couldn't tell what they were, but from the color I thought they were llamas or alpacas. As we got closer I was able to tell they were antelope! Pronghorn Antelope! They were fantastic, and running through the field at a good clip. We tried to get pictures, but they were too fast and we were too slow. I think I got pictures of their rumps as they ran away though. lol. This was the first time I had ever seen antelope in real life in the wild.

Tomorrow is my hearing with the unemployment office regarding my claim. I hope it goes well, but I won't know until after the hearing and they will let me know via letter. I sent them a fax today that said that I wasn't disputing the fact that I QUIT my job. I said I quit when I made the claim. Somehow they entered it that I was laid off. I was disputing the REASON for my quitting. I quit to take care of my husband. I didn't quit to sit on my butt and eat bon-bons... although that thought is very tempting. Dove makes some of the best ice cream bon-bons.... Anyway, I'll write again in a day or so and let you all know how it goes.

I am painting this wonderful Greek picture on my wall. It's small, only about 3 inches tall by about 4 inches wide, and has two stylized bird/dog things and a man in it. I was trying to decide if I wanted to do the man flesh toned with a white beard and hair (he has horns on his head by the way) or if I wanted to paint him as more of a green man. But I thought if I painted him as a green man, he may get lost against the green of the wall. Any ideas folks? I'm going to do the picture up in rich blues, greens, reds and whites and I'm really looking forward to getting it painted over the next few days.

Dinner tonight was kind of quick, easy, and yummy. I chopped up 4 pre-cooked sausage patties, drained a can of corn and put that and the sausage in a loaf pan and then dumped some cream of corn/potaot/vegetable soup over it. I sprinkled it with some salt and a lot of pepper, then I topped it with prepared fake mashed potatoes. I popped it in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes and tada! That was dinner. It was sooo yummy and so simple. All of the ingredients were free to me, so the meal didn't cost me anything financial wise. time wise it took all of about 5 minutes to put together so it was cheap there too. Breakfast this morning was pancakes, and I realized, I need to make some more syrup, and some more pancake mix.

For those of you on my always_ready list over at yahoo groups, I posted a great article today from Backhome magazine on how to make a bunch of spice/herb blends. I thought about posting it here too... but it's pretty long. It's from the Nov/Dec 2008 issue, and it's titled "Traditional Blends of Herb and Spice" and it's written by Lynn Smythe. If you don't sub to this magazine, I highly recommend it. Backhome has been around for a while, and isn't quite as "yuppy" as Mother Earth News has become. you can subscribe for only $21.97 and you can subscribe at http://www.backhomemagazine.com or call 800-992-2546 or write BackHome, PO Box 70, Hendersonville, NC 28793. No, I don't work for them, no I get nothing from this. I just like the magazine. Which reminds me... I have to reup my subscription too! I just got my last issue. lol.

ok, it's 9:29pm, and I have to be up early tomorrow to put everything together to take to town. I hope to get this all posted for you.

Have a great week!

Ta!

1 comment:

Champagne Girl said...

I love your ability to create meals with what you have on hand!
They sound yummy.