Monday, May 25, 2009

Unemployed Hollandaise

Good morning everyone!

It's a nice and beautiful day today here at Treehaven... The birds are singing, the whistle dogs are peeping, and then lizards are rushing to and fro. The dogs are up and playing even though they let us sleep in until 6:30am this morning.

Yesterday I tried my hand at "English Muffin Loaf". I was going to make english muffins, but I realized that the largest cutter I have is only about 2.5 inches across. not big enough for muffins really. So I turned them into loaves and just cut them with a knife to eat. They were supposed to raise about 35 to 40 minutes or until double in size. I'll tell you this.. They doubled in size inside of 15 minutes. lol. so I baked them up and they were cooked in only 20 minutes too instead of 30 - 35 minutes. It was AMAZING! Hubby like them so I have decided I'll do them again. I "kind of" liked them. I'm not sure what I liked or didn't like about them. But I am more than willing to give them a second chance. lol.

I made hollandaise sauce "sos" for dinner. I found this recipe in BackHome Magazine that you put 3 egg yolks in a bowl, add some lemon juice and some salt, melt a stick of butter in a pan until boiling, then drizzle the butter in the egg while mixing. It makes hollandaise. I thought that would be a great way to do it since I don't have a double boiler, nor do I have pans that would fit together right now to make one. So I made it up. then I took a jar of chip beef out of food storage (have to get more of those when we go shopping, only have 1 jar left!) and chopped it up into 1 inch cubes, and I drained a can of peas. I put both the beef and the peas into the hollandaise and served it over our english muffin bread slices. Hubby liked it, as a matter of fact he had seconds of the hollandaise mix. I was unsure about doing the hollandaise this way due to the yolk spending no time over heat.. but the eggs we buy are farm raised from healthy chickens so I am thinking it is a-ok. and the boiling butter you add to them has to impart some cooking to the eggs.

Today is dishes, and packing up the truck to go into the big city this week. hubbys disability check should be here tomorrow. Whew. That means I'll be able to pay some bills. Whoot! It's not fancy living, but it meets most of our needs.

My unemployment hearing is set for Wednesday the 27th at 3:00 pm. It's a phone hearing where I simply have to call a # and meet with a judge and possibly my employer. The person I spoke with at the unemployment office didn't know for sure if my employer was going to be there or not. I think they (the unemployment office) is of the thought that this hearing is because they had me as laid off and I lied. I know they are wrong. lol. I never told them I was laid off, I told them I quit so I could move and take care of my husband. But whoever entered my claim, entered it wrong and now I have to jump through their hoops to get my unemployment. . What a mess this is. All because someone entered the wrong stupid code. I wish I had a friend on the inside that could help me out with this. check this out, they asked if I was going to have a lawyer there or not! It's not like it's a whole lot of money to them. only $205.00 per week is what I am entitled to. But they fight like it's the whole $475.00 per week max or a million dollars. lol. Even considering that it would include back pay, what they owe me would be less than $1,300.00 total so far. Oh well, I'll play their game and see if I win or loose. At this point, the cards are stacked against me. I guess we have the hearing, then the judge will send both myself and my ex-employer a verdict after the hearing. I don't know how long that will take, but the one think I can say that is positive about the Unemployment Department here in Oregon is the fact that they are usually prompt.

ok, I need to go and make something for breakfast, my tums rumbling like the thunder we had Saturday night. lol. Have a great day!

Toodles!

No comments: