Sunday, May 17, 2009

little finds

Made it to the library to upload and download email. But it wasn't a very good connection and while it was the 16th yesterday, I was only able to download email through the 13th. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get the rest. As you can all tell, I was able to upload the blogs. And a huge surprise that was too.

While we were in town I stopped at the local second hand store. And for a total of $4.00 I found the following: 3 blue goblet glasses (we had no glasses at all for juice or ice tea), 3 blue plastic bowls, and 2 lovely cast iron utensils a dipper for soups and such and a strainer spoon. Not a bad haul if I do say so myself. She also had some very pretty copper pans hanging on her wall, but I didn't have the cash to get them. The cast iron utensils were a bit of a splurge, but since she asked so little for them, I had to get them.

We then came home and I moved all my dirty clothes out of the living room floor and moved them into the bedroom. I slept horribly last night, but I am hoping to recover enough to at least do some laundry today. I need to wash some socks and such so we don't run out of them. If not, then tomorrow. Blah.

It was definitely over 80 yesterday and it lasted well enough into the night that we didn't have the heat on until sometime this morning when hubby got cold. And it's supposed to be even warmer today than yesterday! He's estatic... I'm ready to cry. lol. Thankfully, it doesn't last long. :)

People around here are starting on their gardens. So this week we will be too. Will work on growing one or two things this year and see how it goes. I may have to shoot me some critters, but if that is all that I have to do to make things grow, I'll jump for joy. Our neighbor told me that it doesn't matter what you grow that the ground squirrels and prairie dogs will try to eat it. So we'll see about that. May have to turn the dogs loose on them. hehe.

Got together this morning and moved some short lengths of log to the front yard. I want to use them to form some raised beds for herbs. I have 6 of them, so I'll probably either do one square and wait for hubby to cut me a few more, or maybe I'll do 2 triangles and put one with something and the other with something. I know I want to get some stuff in this week and next. If I can get them down and some stuff into it, then I'll be that much ahead. lol. Although, I do worry about this soil. We have a lot of pine needles down and they are very acidic. But then, some plants like the acidic soil, so I'll do some research and see which of the seeds I have that like it. I know blueberries do, and I am going to pick up some plants the first part of June.

ok, I am off to find something to get into.

ta!

No comments: