Thursday, July 2, 2009

hubby fixing car and I'm making food

Well, it may not be the fuel pump on the car. If we hook a battery up directly to the fuel pump it comes on just like it''s supposed to. So it looks like it's the fuel shut off switch. The problem is that we can't find it. Apparently it's a fuse or something. So hubby is now out there trying to bypass it. Blah. Glad he knows electricity. lol.

Our neighbor brought down two Shiba-Inu pups to play with... Actually, he took them to town since a woman was thinking of buying one for her daughter for her birthday. They still have about 2 weeks left before they can leave mom. These were two boys. one was a fawn color with a white strip on his nose and little black dots over his eyes. This one was a little timid, but still a bit outgoing. The other was a Sesame with a little white on his chest and a black mark on top of his muzzle and some black on his ears. the sesame was VERY outgoing. He chased poor Pan around the yard, and wanted to lick me all over everytime I picked him up. I am so very excited. I had asked for a female and I just can hardly wait. Although, this little sesame almost made me change my mind. lol. I have been waiting for a shiba to come into my life for over 10 years! I was looking for a shiba when we ended up with Pan. He was 8 months old when we got him, and he's now 12 years old. So now you know how long I have waited. hehehe.

My sister of course thinks I'm nuts taking on a baby when I have a 4 year old in the house (Nubis is 7 months old, and that is about 2 - 4 years old in human years or so.)... But I say... The more the merrier. I know Thor would have been gaa-gaa over a new baby in the house.

Hubby is still out working on the car. It looks like he may not have it completed until tomorrow, but I'm ok with that. knowing that we have everything that is needed to make it run again and that he knows what to do is very satisfying. He's deep in the "leave me alone and let me work" mode. I can deal with that. It's nice to see something he can work on and it's not outside his skill range.

Dinner night before last was POSH! It was a toss together thing that totally was worth it.

3 cups cooked macaroni noodles
1 can drained peas and carrots
1 can drained whole kernal corn
1/4 lb of cheese cut up into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup light balsalmic vinegrette dressing (organics brand is what I had)
2 tablespoons of mayonaisse
dash pepper
dash lemon pepper

Mix it all up in a bowl and serve. :) Whoot!

Lunch today was a variation on this.

3 cups cooked macaroni noodles
1 can drained mixed veggies (corn, green beans, celery, potatoes, lima beans)
1 can ham chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 lb of cheese cut up into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup light balsalmic vinegrette dressing (organics brand is what I had)
2 tablespoons of mayonaisse
dash pepper
dash lemon pepper

Tada! It was pretty good. It was all the dressing I had left, and I wanted to use it up. So it's gone now, and we got several meals of each (we had dinner from the other night for breakfast yesterday). I'll have to find something else for next meal cycle so hubby doesn't get bored with it. I also realized I have to make some bread sometime in the next few days. We're almost out.

Too bad I can't get hubby to go for taking BOTH those little boy Shiba's... Romulus and Remus... ROFL....

Anyway, I am off to get my current furkids some dinner. Freya and Nubis just came back from a run and they are probably starving.

Ta!

No comments: