Thursday, July 2, 2009

plans for going out.

Joy of Joys my hubby got the car to run again! What a great man I have! he totally rocks when it comes to anything electrical like this. So, on the agenda for today is a run to the post office, and tomorrow will be a run to the library where we can upload all these newest blogs, and I can get my email! Whoot! We also have several pictures to put up. Need to see about finding a Chilton's car manual for our car. That would have really helped in this particular situation. hubby also said that he wants to change out the thermostat with our next paycheck, as that is something that goes wrong a lot so having a new one in it would be a good thing.

Hubby is now saying that he doesn't want another puppy right now. this of course would mean that my dream of ever having a Shiba Inu in the house is once again put on hold. Will it be yet ANOTHER 12 years before I finally get one. That would make me... 49 years old. Great, old enough that I wouldn't want another puppy at all. I am so angry I could spit. But I guess in the grand scheme of things this is minor. I suppose I should be happy I have a home and property and my life and food to eat and air to breathe... It's not like I want a diamond ring or a cruise to the Carribean. It's a PUPPY for crying out loud. Other people have kids, I have dogs. If he wanted a new computer I would move the moon to get it for him. But he says that a computer doesn't eat or piddle on the floor. This isn't the end of this discussion. :D lol. I am sure there is a GOOD reason he's saying no, but I don't know what it is at this point.

On the upside, with the car running again we can go into town and do laundry now. whoot. I don't mind doing it by hand, but it's a lot of work, and a lot of water. It took 45 gallons to do what we did the other day, and that was the equivalent of 2 loads of laundry if we had done it in a regular washing machine. When you haul in ALL your water yourself or have it hauled in, then every single gallon counts. And 45 gallons is ALOT of water in use around here. 5 gallons or less to shower, 4 gallons to do a weeks worth of dishes, 5 gallons a day for the 5 of us to drink and eat and such.... As you can see all of these take considerably less water to complete. Even the porta potty only uses 2 1/2 gallons of water in it and that lasts almost a week before we have to dump it into the BIG porta john outside. And that doesn't use any water at all on our part. So I'll continue to go somewhere to do laundry when I can. It's $1.50 per load to wash and $1.50 to dry per load. Usually we end up spending about $12.00 or so on laundry, and we can check our email and such at the same time. We go do laundry about once every 2 weeks.

Well, I'm off to get into some more trouble somewhere and then we are heading for the post office. :)

Stay happy!

No comments: